The Mayan Abdominal Massage is an ancient technique practiced by Mayan healers for thousands of years. It is known to improve digestive and reproductive health.
DO I NEED IT?
Surprisingly, most people aren’t aware their internal digestive and reproductive organs have shifted to a prolapsed position. The muscles tend to naturally move into incorrect positions, as a result of daily activities, but this can be prevented by integrating abdominal massage therapy as a routine health practice - just like the Mayans did.
WHAT CAUSES ABDOMINAL ORGANS TO MOVE INTO INCORRECT POSITIONS?
- car accidents
- overstretching resulting in weakened ligaments
- running on concrete
- chronic constipation
- high-impact activities like dancing
- horseback riding or gymnastics
- wearing heels
THE TREATMENTThis non-invasive treatment relieves tension and stimulates blood flow throughout the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems. The release of blockages allows the healer to guide internal digestive and reproductive organs into their correct anatomical positions, where they can properly function to full potential.
It can take anywhere between a few minutes to months to realign the organs. The muscles tend to naturally move back into incorrect positions, as a result of daily activities, but this can be prevented by integrating abdominal massage therapy as a routine health practice - just like the Mayans did.
- Enhances fertility. By strengthening the ligaments and muscles that support the uterus and ovaries, the organs are able to perform its function.
- Aids digestion, relief from constipation, irritable bowel syndrome or chronic gas/bloating. Without blockages, the organs can perform proper elimination and drainage processes.
- Regulates menstruation and relief from PMS symptoms. When the organs are realigned and lymph tissue is no longer constricted, circulation improves and allows for menstrual blood to expel freely.
- Prevents prostate swelling, impotence problems, premature ejaculation. The massage ensures a full blood supply to the prostate.
- Optimizes gynecological / pelvic health. By improving the alignment of the pelvic and abdominal organs and stimulating circulation to that area, a natural “pelvic lift” is created to relieve pelvic pain congestion, pain during intercourse, or bladder dysfunction.
- Relieve stress and anxiety. By refreshing the blood flow to the muscles and organs, it relaxes the muscles and calms the body.
- Reopens blocked energy paths. The Mayans believed human emotions are stored in the abdomen and that any unexpressed emotions should be released.
RECOMMENDED TO MODIFY OR AVOID IF..
- You have IUD
- You are taking pain medications or other substances
- You have recently had abdominal surgery
- You are within your first 20 weeks of pregnancy
- You are menstruating
READY TO GET MY ORGANS IN PLACE. WHERE CAN I BOOK THIS TREATMENT?
Finding a local Mayan healer will vary depending on your location. We will be offering personalized massage therapy with trusted local Mayan healers on our upcoming Tulum retreat. Book here.