This non-alcoholic drink resembles a sacred and powerful beverage served only to the elite Mayans.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:||Yeild:|
|5 Mins||5 MIN||10 MINS||2 servings|
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into chunks, such as Valrhona
- 4 tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups water until almost boiling. Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate. Whisk until melted and combined.
2. Turn the heat back on again if you wish to further melt, heat and thicken. However, do not walk away, chocolate burns very easily. Continue stirring until you remove it from the heat. Do not let the chocolate and water come to a full boil. After the water and chocolate are combined, add in the agave, chile powder and vanilla.
3. Enjoy immediately while it's hot, or pour over ice for a unique experience!
Recipe courtesy of Kakawa Chocolate House. Recipe discovered via Food Network.